| David and Audrey |
Hiked back up to Summerland with David V. and his youngest daughter this time. We had to see what Summerland looked like without SNOW since that was what we experienced when we did the wonderland trail this summer.
Audrey was a trooper. Her first major hike (8 miles round trip). David promised her IHOP if she made it to Summerland. She did it and we were moving fast!
Before heading up to Summerland, we stopped at Subway to get our lunch. David and I decided to share a 12" chicken sandwich. While there, we built our own side. I wanted green peppers, he didn't. He wanted black olives, I didn't. He wanted lettuce, I wanted a little bit of lettuce ~ you get the idea. The poor girl. However, she accommodated us right down the packaging "HIS" and "HERS" We had no idea she had done that when we purchased the sandwich. Pretty funny!
| Summerland |
Because of all the TALK about IHOP on the way up, we ran down the mountain so we could get there sooner. Audrey was so ready for a Grand Slam Breakfast for dinner, especially since she lost her lunch in the parking lot of IHOP. Car sickness runs in that family. Poor thing! But we all enjoyed our Breakfast Dinner! Have to do that now and again.
Always an Adventure hiking on Mt. Rainier! I love that mountain!
No comments:
Post a Comment